Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Toddler Tuesday: The Disappearing Nap...

Ben has been hit or miss in the nap department.  I went out and purchased things he could use during his "quiet time" - which is basically me closing the gate at the top of the stairs in hopes he will play quietly (hence the name, QUIET time).  Well, today I am seranaded by "The Wheels on the Bus" as he stands at the gate - naked from the waist down, mind you - 'singing' down the stairwell.  As cute as it is, I wish I had "my time" back.  To add to the  Most-Rewarding-Job-I'll-Ever-Have, Gigi had a late lunch because her nap schedule was thrown off by a two hour scream fest from 4-6am.  As I am sweeping up the food off the floor from Miss Makes-a-mess, I must remind her that the dustpan is not a snack tray.  *sigh*  In other words, it's just going to be one of those days I don't get a break.

Don't get me wrong - I love watching them grow, giggle, learn, laugh, and play.  I'm simply sharing these "am I sure I want to have more children?" moments with you so you know you are not alone.  Happy Mothering (and Fathering) everyone, and I hope you have had a few quiet moments to yourself today.

Be well, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment