Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wisdom Wednesday: "A Pretty Good Day..."

Perspective. I often need to check myself in this area.  Dirty dishes, an overwhelming amount of laundry, crabby kids...it's all put me a little on edge these days.  I bought a book recently called "Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions" by Lysa TerKeurst.  A mother of five kids, she says she often needs to say out loud, "If this is the worst thing that happens to me today, it's still a pretty good day."

Ben refuses to take a nap, after an hour of battling with him.  "If that's the worse thing to happen today, it's still a pretty good day."

Gianna threw her food on the floor... for the tenth time today.  "If that's the worse thing to happen today, it's still a pretty good day."

I forgot to take the load of laundry out of the dryer so the clothes were all wrinkly.  "If that's the worse thing to happen today, it's still a pretty good day."

The kids were excessively whiney.  I mean, the kind of whining that goes right through you and makes you want to scream "You have no idea how good you guys have it!!!."  "If that's the worse thing to happen today, it's still a pretty good day."

And even though ALL of those things happened back to back to back to back TODAY... it was still a pretty good day.

Happy Wednesday, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment