Monday, January 6, 2014

Make-It-Yourself Monday: Christmas Card Book

I started collecting our Christmas cards in 2009 and planned on doing something with them... I just wasn't sure what the 'something' was until now! I thought it would be fun to create an album of our cards to see how we have changed over the years - and my oh my have we grown!  Shutterfly and books of the like are great, but I think there is something to be said about a handmade album - call me 'old fashioned' if you must. ;)

I had this 8.5 x 11 scrapbook in my closet and thought it would be the perfect springboard for this project. So I created a cover for it:


I decided I would have the most recent card in front. In order to do this, I had to work backwards and start on the last page of the book with 2009 and work my way forward to this year... then hopefully stay motivated to continue on as the years come and go!

I am keeping the layout very simple so it will be easy to update it each year, but of course you can get as creative as your crafty heart desires!

Here is our book so far:





To keep it consistent, I went ahead and created enough years to get me through 2024. 
This fits a 2" circle punch. You can download this Publisher file here.


And there you have it... a great way to create Christmas memories to last a lifetime. :)
Stay warm, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment