Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Toddler Tip Tuesday ::: Potty Training

Potty training. Two words that either bring defeat or triumph into a household.  Right now, I'd say we are somewhere in between.  Ben rarely has #1 accidents, but after three successful #2s on the toilet, he has since gone in his underwear.  Today's Toddler Tip is not going to refer you to a book or a website.  It's not going to tell you to dig through those old issues of Parents or Parenting Magazine.

Instead, I am opening the floor to YOU to offer ME (and my readers) your best potty training tips & advice!  Here are a couple I stand firm by:

1.  Don't Rush It! Let your kid take the lead to tell you he is ready.  We are pretty sure our kids won't be teenagers in diapers.

2.  Talk It Up.  Your kiddo should at least know what a toilet is and what its for BEFORE the whole process begins.

3.  Be Okay With Less Than Perfect.  Accidents WILL happen.  Just be prepared to tell the Target associate your child peed on the floor in the middle of the aisle.

Now please share your wisdom in the comment section!! 

The day Ben stops pooping his pants is the day I rejoice and do a potty dance myself.  Until then, I suffer with the rest of you potty training parentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment