Thursday, January 3, 2013

Savvy Storage

Hello friends!

It's a new year and I'm hoping to be a better bloggy friend and post at least twice a week (you all need to hold me accountable!) :)  I thought I'd start 2013 with a few quick tips I use to help keep things contained and organized - on the cheap!  Mommies (and Daddies) need to get creative sometimes to maximize their dollar so they can spend money where it really counts - like a nice bottle of wine or a six pack of brewskis to unwind after a day of parenting! ;)

Here are a few quick tips from the home of yours truly:

I repurposed a snack can by wrapping it in pretty paper 
(it's the thick, quality wrapping paper - I found mine at TJ Maxx)



Here is a paper stacker turned on its side to store my scrapbook paper
(I hot glued the trays together to keep them from coming apart)


This is a bag that a curtain panel came in - the lotions fit perfectly inside!


 
My preschooler (Ben) has learned to recognize the packaging of some of his sister's snacks and mercilessly begs for them from the pantry door.... namely, yogurt melts.  So, I removed the label of a French Fried Onions canister and behold! My new "yogurt melts" container.... and Ben is none the wiser. ;)


Recognize these guys? Puffs! 
I'm not sure what I'm going to use them for yet, but I am picturing them in the cupholders of the Swaggin' Wagon (aka our minivan) with some snackies in them - animal crackers, raisins, pretzles, etc. 


 I'm sure you've all seen this on Pinterest, but I used a door hanging shoe organizer for all my craft accesories, and labeled each pocket to make sure everything had a place and was in its place. :)
The bag hanging on the door knob is actually a trash bag to catch all my craft scraps - I thought it looked nicer than a plastic shopping bag

And finally, an animal cracker container filled with all kinds of snacks-on-the-go.  I like this because I don't have a dozen boxes of things in the pantry.  They all fit nicely into this container, don't you think?

Here is another post I did in the past that showcases a few ways to repurpose some things around the house

And there you have it!  Nothing monumental, but I hope you are inspired to repurpose, reorganize, and revamp something in your home.  After all - baby, it's cold outside! (at least it is in Indy) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment