Friday, June 8, 2012

Nothin' Fancy Friday: Personalized (Bathroom) Decor

As we are getting settled after our move, I am having fun coming up with ways to decorate and, of course, organize our new home.

I just finished the kids' bathroom.  I love trying to define a space belonging to the kids, but I still want it to look classy. I'm not that into the cutesy froggy shower curtain with matching toothbrush holder and soap dispenser.  So, here is the look I went for:


I took some bath time pics of the kids, edited them on my computer (I don't have any fancy programs, I just use Windows Live - which came with my computer), then had 8 1/2 X 10 photos printed from Walmart.com.  They were just under $3 a piece I think.

 Gigi girl in her ducky towel!


Ben with a bubble beard!



Then, I found matted frames at Walmart for just $5!  Here are the photos all framed up and ready to hang:





Then I added this little gem on the vanity - it makes me smile every time I see it :)


Here it is all put together

And there you have it!  Of course, it all looks much better in person, but you get the idea! My next project will be the "playroom" in the loft.

*ANOTHER IDEA:  I originally printed those photos with the intention of hanging their towel beneath their picture - but after I picked up the photos I realized one was portrait and one was landscape so it didn't quite look right.  I'll hold on to that idea for next time, or when I feel like we need a change. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that idea Sarah! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jourdan! Can't wait until you can take pics of your little princess! =D

      Delete