Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Toddler Tip Tuesday: Shopping With Tots


Shopping without kids is without a doubt much more peaceful, pleasant, and productive.  Here are a few tips for those times when you have no choice but to take your tot(s) along for the ride:

 1. Plan ahead! Make a list and try your best to stick to it. Knowing the layout of the store and putting your list in order is a huge help!

2. Don't expect your toddler to last beyond two stops (i.e. bank, grocery store, department store, etc). I read that somewhere...

3.  What is one of the most helpful "tricks" when it comes to parenting?  One word: DISTRACTION. It's become an art form, really.  I always get Ben an apple when we grocery shop.  It keeps him occupied and he gets a healthy snack! I make sure I grab a produce bag to throw it in when it's time to checkout.  My friend, Jess Wehner, gives her kiddo popcorn to snack on while she shops.





4.  Let the kids help.  Ben loves putting things in the cart, opening the frozen food doors, and putting things onto the checkout belt.

5. Try to go right after or long before a nap is due.  After breakfast is the best time for us.

Need a little more encouragement?  Just think - I know bringing my kids to the store can be a good thing because I don't have the luxury of just "looking around" - and for me, that translates to saving money! haha

Happy Shopping, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment