Monday, March 12, 2012

Toddler Tip Tuesday: Cold Remedies That Work

My poor Ben. He has had a cough for what seems like forever. He doesn’t sleep well. He isn’t eating well. He gets the double-hanging-booger-string with every sneeze. What’s a mom to do??

I resorted to my number one search engine: Facebook.

When it comes to treatments that work, who better to ask than fellow moms? Furthermore, getting advice from moms (okay, AND dads) I know, just makes them that much more credible. So, I would like to share their ideas with you today in hopes you can cure your little one of the coughs and achoos this change in season tends to bring.

*****************************

Before reading on, please know that

the medical information on this site is, at best, of general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a medical professions (a qualified doctor/physician, nurse, pharmacist, etc). I, nor anyone that contributed information to this post, can take responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information presented on this web site.

******************************

That being said...

Nicole writes: I have recently started using Vicks Baby rub

Haley writes: I have given [him] cough medicine in his juice, but half of what the bottle says. Also, Vicks Baby rub on the feet with socks worked. I have also bitten cough drops in half and let him suck on those. I have also used Triaminic strips – they are like candy!

Jessica writes: I have wanted to give [him] cough medicine but it has too many other active ingredients. Try some honey to soothe him.

Kimberly writes: I gave [her] natural cough medicine when she was two. It helped a lot.

Shannon writes: I used all natural honey cough medicine I found at Target.

Eddy writes: Yo, guaranteed to work. Put ANY liquid medicine in a cup of V8 Fusion. Game over. Works EVERY time no matter the meds

Jamie writes: Start low with the cough medicine – like a teaspoon. Vicks – but not on the chest or nose like we always thought – could do more harm than good. Some article years ago stated that. Use it on the feet with socks and it works well! Of course, alternate Tylenol & Ibuprofen.

Stay healthy and happy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment