Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: A Bad Day

“It’s just a bad day, not a bad life”

Hmmm. I need to remember this. It’s hard to believe it when you have several bad days in a row – then it DOES seem like a bad life!

My son is more than officially in his “Terrible Twos.” You’ve heard the phrase, but have you actually EXPERIENCED it? I put that word in all capitals because it truly does seem all-consuming. I feel like I am living with a ticking time bomb that deliberately disobeys, throws astronomical tantrums, hits/pushes/punches, gets up 4-5 times a night, and is relentlessly stubborn.

I believe the politically correct term is: “spirited.”

I can rephrase the quote by saying, “It’s just a bad phase, not a bad kid.” He can be so very sweet and has the best laugh of any kid I have ever known. He loves making his sister smile and gives her lots of hugs. He says "I yuv you" to me in his sweet little boy voice that I know won't survive puberty. I need to hold fast to these qualities and hope the bad ones get weeded out sooner rather than later!

But where have I heard that three is worse??

Heaven help us!

hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment