Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: Not Just Show & Tell...

In order to expect certain behaviors from our children, we need to model that behavior. The old adage “Do as I say, not as I do” doesn’t bode well with toddlers. They are a monkey-see, monkey-do breed of tiny humans and we need to be the person that we want them to be. It's not just about show & tell, it's about tell & show.

It sounds like common sense, right? Unfortunately, common sense isn’t all that common after all. I am just as guilty when it comes to this! I have, however, been more diligent in the way I act around my children. This doesn’t just set a great example, but it makes me be someone worth looking up to.

I think this can apply to all relationships in your life - You may have heard the phrase "Be the change you want to see in the world." Replace the words 'the world' and insert any of the following: your friend, your spouse, your sister, your brother, your child. I hope this convicts you as much as it has me!


Peace & Love- and Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment